Location: Mawsynram, Shillong
Check in Time: 01:00 PM (Day 1)
Check out Time: 11:00 AM (Day 2)
Mawsynram, a place of wonder it receives one of the highest rainfall in India and is reportedly the wettest place on earth. Get away from the city huddle and experience camping at the wettest place on earth it’s a great weekend experience.This camping experience shall provide a perfect getaway for people looking to get connected to nature. Mawsynram is blessed with stunning waterfalls and enormous caves.This camping site is located 65 km from Shillong. The campsite offers sleeping bags and camping mats. The tents are spacious too. There is a common washroom available with clean running water.
Arrive at the campsite check-in by 01:00 PM. Walk around the vicinity and explore the location. Once settled down, enjoy the locally prepared meals. Try various activities at the campsite like trekking, kayaking, fishing, swimming & caving (at own expense). Bird-watching enthusiasts can treat themselves to the sights in the evening with mouthwatering snacks. Experiencing stargazing with the light of a bonfire & delicious dinner. After breakfast head back to the city with beautiful memories.
Things To Carry
- Extra pair of clothes
- Mosquito Repellent
- Flip Flops
- Valid ID proof
- Sun Block
- Flashlight With Extra Batteries
- Evening Tea & Snacks Time (4 PM -6 PM)
- Unlimited Dinner Veg/Non-Veg TIme (Self service from 8:30 PM -10:30 PM)
- Breakfast Time (8 AM – 9 AM)
- Pan Card & Aadhar is not applicable in Northeast, so carry Passport/Voter ID/Driving license.
- Don’t litter the place
- This place doesn’t restrict smoking & drinking.
- Washroom facilities are common for everyone.
- Don’t litter the place.
- Bonfire is common for everyone.
- Camping is very basic in nature. One must not expect luxuries.
How to reach?
You can easily drive from till Mawsynram from guwahati or Shillong. The drive is beautiful and very picturesque.
Children aged below 5 years will be complimentary.
- 10 Double sharing Alpine camps are available at the campsite which can accommodate 20 people at a time.
- Veg Varieties – Dinner/ Lunch (Dal tadka, Paneer sabji or veg sabji, chapati, steamed rice, salad)
- Non Varieties- Dinner/ Lunch (Chicken curry, chapati, steamed rice, salad)
- Evening Snacks (Tea and Biscuits)
- Breakfast (Tea, Poha/ Sandwiches)
- Any personal charges.
- Anything which is not mentioned in the inclusions.
Amendments / cancellations:-
· 25% cancellation of the package cost after confirmation/issuing the hotel voucher.
· 30% cancellation of the package cost before 30 days of the traveling date.
· 50% cancellation of the package cost before 15 days of the traveling date.
· 100% cancellations before 10 days of the travel date.
· Advance amount is non-refundable if the customer cancels his/her booking because of reasons like Illness, personal problems death, accident or No Shows.
· Also Note that all cancellations must be interacted in written.
· The company has complete authority to change the package costing due to hike in tariff & taxes of hotels, transportation or any other service that has been provided
Sightseeing places are based on Time, Traffic, climatic conditions and arrival and departure timings. we will try to cover as many as places possible within the scheduled time.
· If the base category room will be not available then supplement cost will be applicable for upper category rooms.
· Rates are subject to change, without any prior notice.
· Cancellation & other policies as per the hotel/company rule.
· No cancellation & any refund will be made at any cost in case of bad weather or landslide or any destination and which is beyond the control of the agent/hotel.
· The above policy may vary during peak season and any changes will be communicated prior to confirmation.
· No refund will be made for any unused accommodation, missed meals, transportation segments, sightseeing tours or any other service due to Bad weather, ill health, Strike, Road Blocks or any other factor beyond our control. Such unused items are neither refundable nor exchangeable.