Thekkady in Kerala is easily a place that was created to win hearts of all nature lovers. This camping experience in the middle of Periyar Tiger Reserve will bring you some of the most amazing experiences of living in the forest.
Situated in the Cardamom Hills and Pandalam Hills, this campsite provides tented accommodations for 30 persons at a time with a board room facility for projection, film shows, trekking in the forest, and a chance to experience the traditional tribal food prepared by the Urali tribe. The site is located at the river viewpoint on the banks of Periyar River at Vallakadavu where visitors get an opportunity to camp outdoors in the breathtaking surroundings of the jungles.
Stay in comfortable tents in the middle of the forest on a double sharing basis.
The major activity of this experience is the safari to Gavi village. You will get to interact with the local tribe here. Also included in the package are the Wildlife film shows, Bird watching, and trekking in the jungle. Also, you can choose to experience boating in the nearby river after checking out, which will be complimentary with the package.
How to Reach:
Things To Carry
- Carry a notepad
- Bus, train and airline timetables
- Carry a first aid kit with medicines for common ailments
- Trekkers are advised to use jungle boots to ensure safety
- Always carry drinking water
- Forest entry fees, Bus Pass to forest, any transport to/from the National Park, or any personal expenses are not included in the package.
- Adhere to timings
- Listen to the instructions carefully
- Always stay with the guide
- Consuming alcohol or visiting sanctuary under the influence of alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Do not wear colorful clothes or perfumes. Khakis, browns and greens are best suited for forests
- Do not disturb or tease animals.
- Avoid smoking and do not carry any inflammable materials to avoid forest fire
- This activity can be availed as a private or group tour
Capacity: Min 2 | Max 30
Check-in : 3:30 pm
- Stay in comfortable tents in the middle of the forest on a double sharing basis
- Dinner on first day
- Breakfast and lunch on second day
- Camping inside the forest
- Safari to Gavi village
- Wildlife film shows
- Bird watching
- Orientation program
- Guard, Guide
- Complementary boating after checkout (optional)
- Any personal charges.
- Anything which is not mentioned in the inclusions.
Amendments / cancellations:-
· 25% cancellation of the package cost after confirmation/issuing the hotel voucher.
· 30% cancellation of the package cost before 30 days of the traveling date.
· 50% cancellation of the package cost before 15 days of the traveling date.
· 100% cancellations before 10 days of the travel date.
· Advance amount is non-refundable if the customer cancels his/her booking because of reasons like Illness, personal problems death, accident or No Shows.
· Also Note that all cancellations must be interacted in written.
· The company has complete authority to change the package costing due to hike in tariff & taxes of hotels, transportation or any other service that has been provided
Sightseeing places are based on Time, Traffic, climatic conditions and arrival and departure timings. we will try to cover as many as places possible within the scheduled time.
· If the base category room will be not available then supplement cost will be applicable for upper category rooms.
· Rates are subject to change, without any prior notice.
· Cancellation & other policies as per the hotel/company rule.
· No cancellation & any refund will be made at any cost in case of bad weather or landslide or any destination and which is beyond the control of the agent/hotel.
· The above policy may vary during peak season and any changes will be communicated prior to confirmation.
· No refund will be made for any unused accommodation, missed meals, transportation segments, sightseeing tours or any other service due to Bad weather, ill health, Strike, Road Blocks or any other factor beyond our control. Such unused items are neither refundable nor exchangeable.