- This itinerary is intended to initiate knowing nature and it’s elements around you and growing interest to conserve. Its a wonderful opportunity for the families and kids to introduce themselves to nature in the Himalayas.
- You can extend the itinerary to a week long holiday by adding less touristy places like Rinchenpong, Barmiok , Kewzing or popular destinations like Pelling, Gangtok or Darjeeling.
- Our hiking trail is inside “Barsey Rhododendron Sanctuary“. You can spend more days in sanctuary for bird watching or in Rhododendron flowering season. You can even add a tented accommodation at Barsey. Check with us if you specifically wish to stay in a tent (regular dome or ridge shaped mountain tents, No Swiss tent or anything fancy).
1 night’s accommodation at Okhrey homestay on sharing basis. Basic clean beds and toilet, running hot water available.
Car drop from Okhrey to Hilley.
2 night’s accommodation (Day 2 & 3) at Barsey Trekkers Hut on sharing basis. Basic clean beds and toilet. No Electricity and running hot water.
All meals (Day 1 evening snacks to Day 4 breakfast) during the tour, apart from the ones during transit. Regular Indian style nutritious vegetarian food during the trek (including eggs), breakfast, hot lunch, evening snacks, dinner (option of chicken as non veg) along with coffee/tea/soup.
All permit and entry fee, forest levy required inside Barsey Rhododendron Sanctuary.
A local hiking guide guide for Barsey trek, who will be a local to this particular area and has good knowledge of the trekking trails around. Note: If you need a birding guide, check with us, if we can arrange one.
Permit, food and any expenses for the hiking guide.
Basic Medical & First Aid kit.
Accidental Insurance Policy covering high altitude trekking tours (For Indian nationals it is included in the TREK FEE, up to 60 years of age). It covers your trek as well as your return journey to NJP/Bagdogra.
Transportation from NJP/Bagdogra to Okhrey and return from Hilley to NJP/Bagdogra. A Tata Sumo/Mahindra Maxx Jeep (accommodates 5/6 persons) charges ₹ 4500 for pick up from NJP to Okhrey and ₹ 5500 for a drop from Hilley to NJP/Bagdogra. We can arrange on request, you pay directly to the driver.
We assume that you will carry your personal Rucksack/Backpack with all your personal belongings. If you want to offload your Rucksack/Duffel Bag (No suitcase or Trolley bag) and carried by a Porter, then you need to pay additional ₹ 500 one way from Hilley to Barsey, i.e. ₹ 1000 for a return trip. One such Rucksack should not weigh more than 10 Kg. Also you can leave some luggage at Okhrey and collect while returning.
Any tip/gratuity to the HT supports staff/guide.
Anything is is NOT mentioned in the “Inclusions” or personal in nature.
- 25% cancellation of the package cost after confirmation/issuing the hotel voucher.
- 30% cancellation of the package cost before 30 days of the traveling date.
- 50% cancellation of the package cost before 15 days of the traveling date.
- 100% cancellations before 10 days of the travel date.
- Advance amount is non-refundable if the customer cancels his/her booking because of reasons like Illness, personal problems death, accident or No Shows.
- Also Note that all cancellations must be interacted in written.
- The company has complete authority to change the package costing due to hike in tariff & taxes of hotels, transportation or any other service that has been provided